Respond and Engage!
TALK TO PAUL ON-AIR: 313.272.5600
Who Ya’ Gonna Call . . . . . ?
Guest: Mike the Cop
- “…the Staten Island district attorney and the Justice Department declined to charge him with a crime…”
- “The unintended consequence of Mr. Garner’s death must have a consequence of its own,” Commissioner O’Neill said. “It is clear that Daniel Pantaleo can no longer effectively serve as a New York City police officer.”
CELEBRATE LIFE MAG: She’s come this far by faith: The unstoppable Jessica Long
- Views varied sharply by age. Among people 55 and older, for example, nearly 80% said patriotism was very important, compared with 42% of those ages 18-38—the millennial generation and older members of Gen-Z. Two-thirds of the older group cited religion as very important, compared with fewer than one-third of the younger group.
- “There’s an emerging America where issues like children, religion and patriotism are far less important. And in America, it’s the emerging generation that calls the shots about where the country is headed,” said Republican pollster Bill McInturff, who conducted the survey with Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt.
- “Amazon has demonstrated no gift for creating anything like such a store, and that’s in part because independent bookstores don’t operate according to the normal rules of capitalism. They aren’t trying to beat each other. They aren’t even trying to beat Amazon. They’re creating communities — cozy places to beat the heat or come in from the cold. An independent bookstore is a place where someone comes around the register as soon as you walk in the door and says, “You have to read this; it has your name all over it!”