Respond and Engage!
TALK TO PAUL ON-AIR: 313.272.5600
“As in other states, clergy in Wisconsin are mandated reporters of suspected cases of child abuse or mistreatment. If passed the Clergy Mandatory Reporting Act would, according to one of the bill’s co-sponsors, require “that members of the clergy report any instances of child abuse, including sexual abuse, ending the loophole of unjust cover-ups and misreporting currently occurring in our state.” The “loophole” referred to is the priest-penitent privilege that exempts clergy from reporting abuse revealed solely in confession (“the seal of confession”).”
- GUEST: Fr. Gregory Jensen, is the pastor of Sts. Cyril & Methodius Ukrainian Orthodox Mission and the Eastern Orthodox chaplain at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has published articles in psychology, theology, and economics and is the author of The Cure for Consumerism.
“…Western society today is increasingly eager to cut itself off from both its Judeo-Christian and Greco-Roman roots. America’s elite universities, and increasingly non-elite ones, have rapidly jettisoned requirements for courses in Western thought…”
“If the country is preparing to enter a type of second Dark Ages devoid of classical thought, another unlikely group of people is arising to preserve the Great Books of the Western intellectual tradition: conservative evangelical Christians.”
“It has been the Presbyterians and other Calvinists who have lit the way in classical Christian education.”
- GUEST: Dr. Louis Markos is professor in English and scholar in residence at Houston Baptist University and holds the Robert H. Ray Chair in Humanities. Dr. Markos is an authority on C. S. Lewis and lectures on Ancient Greece and Rome for HBU’s Honors College. He is the author of 18 books, including From Achilles to Christ: Why Christians Should Read the Pagan Classics (IVP Academic).
Who Ya’ Gonna Call . . . . . ?
- “…the Staten Island district attorney and the Justice Department declined to charge him with a crime…”
- “The unintended consequence of Mr. Garner’s death must have a consequence of its own,” Commissioner O’Neill said. “It is clear that Daniel Pantaleo can no longer effectively serve as a New York City police officer.”
The Last Trump. . . .
Headlines related to President Trump from various media sources.
- RNS: Trump steadily fulfills goals on religious right wish list
- NATIONAL REVIEW: Trump Cancels Student-Loan Debt for Thousands of Disabled Vets
- ANDREW KLAVEN: Judging Trump Without Sound
There is no media bias, I tell you! . . .
Trump says, “I am the chosen one.” Media goes nuts.
Newsweek portrays Obama as Messiah. Not a peep.